Catch up on peter

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
hi everyone just wanted to give you news on how my peter is doing , he has settled in the home and they are very good with him , he has stopped walking now but he is still smiling , when peter went in the home i couldnt forgive myself for doing it ,but now i see it was the best thing i could have done, i visit every day for three to four hours and the time i spend with him is good there is no stress now he does,nt know who i am anymore but i can am ok with that now , my son is finding it very hard but my daughter said she does,nt think about it bless her ,i dont know what i would have done without the children this last five months, they really have helped me , sending hugs and love to you all christmas xxxxxxxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How lovely to hear from you. I’m so glad that things have settled for you and Peter. .

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
really good to hear from you @christmas
I am so glad you have settled into a routine that suits you and that Peter has settled - such a relief for you

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
So pleased you have found a way through all this. Really hope that your son can find some peace and acceptance too.

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
So lovely to hear how Peter has settled and that it has been a good decision for both of you. This will be a real comfort to others facing, and fearing, making the decision to use a care home. Thank you for telling us.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Thank you for that update - I know how heartbroken you were just before Peter moved to his care home and Im so glad that both of you have settled into it. Moving my mum into a care home was the best thing I could have done too.
xx

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Thank you everyone for you kind thoughts . I know I always said peter would never go in a home but no one knows how bad it will get when you make this promise to your love one , with all the good intentions you do your best to not let it happen but when it gets so bad that your health is getting bad you know you can’t go on anymore and you have to make the decision it is time for a home , it is the most heart breaking decision you will ever make , but when you see how they change you know you did the-right thing for them , peter is so much happier .christmas xxxx