Catastrophic Reaction?

shelagh

Sep 28, 2009
Staffordshire
I'm still feeling wobbly from the awful morning on Tuesday when I was totally out of it. Talking to friends 'in the trade' I think that was my first bad experience of a catastrophic reaction. Paul was left feeling totally helpless and not sure what best to do. He rang the GP at one stage apparently and was virtually told by the receptionist to go away and deal with it 'she's got Alzheimer's hasn't she so what do you expect'
A screaming wife who didn't recognise him has not been part of our experience. Strange that the large old television set sitting in the hall waiting for disposal still makes me feel shivery when I walk past it. This illness is like being adrift in a foreign land with no language and few guidebooks.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Shelagh, I am sorry to read just how you are feeling, but not surprised. Tuesday must have been such a traumatic time for you both.

This illness is like being adrift in a foreign land with no language and few guidebooks

I shall try to remember your words. Certainly sums up the situation.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Shelagh

You sound as if you have had a rotten time, and sadly that is the nature of the illness.

But I hope that you soon feel better and relaxed again. But in the mean time you always need to remember, that you are among friends here who understand how you feel.

Best wishes

Ken

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aliso