Cat /Present update

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Today the carpenter fitted a new side entrance back door ,together with a 4 way cat flap.
Wilst he was working a tabby cat came in had a look round and went.
Some time later ,and it was dark by now, the carpenter called me and asked "is that a cat out there?"
It was large,black and white,I called to it and it ran off.
I am almost certain it was mackeral.
I will now make enquiries in the road ,we may yet get the cat back.
Norman

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Good luck norman.............hope you don't have to wait too long to get him back!

Love Alex x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I do hope you are right Norman. Perhaps Mackeral has finally realized you might be the better option. Fingers croosed, Sylvia

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Norman,

I hope you have luck getting Mackeral back. It might be a good idea to put some lovely tempting cat food outside the house, near the cat flap, with the flap in the open position.

If you have a number of cats in the neighbourhood, it might take a few dishes of cat food before Mackeral "takes the bait", but it can be a good first step to building up his confidence in you. After a feeding ot two, he might just follow you willingly into the house.

Take care,

Sandy

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Yep, I agree with Sandy.

Cats take time to know a person, and yours has not yet had that time.

Try wooing the cat.

I do hope you get results!

Best wishes

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I do hope you get results

I also hope that , yes Good idea shandy
it might take a few dishes of cat food before Mackeral "takes the bait",

I always remember a grey cat from next door popping into our kitchen that lead into the garden at my mother father home , my father use to give it milk , then ended up getting a black white kitten , which we name T bag after a children TV character , that my son use to watch in the 80s .

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
I have been following all the kindly advice from my TP family but no luck so far.
I have been putting food outside the trap,and is gone by morning.
I thought I saw,no I did see a black and white cat run up the garden,I am sure it was Mackeral.
Today, tried putting food inside the flap,with the setting at let the cat in, but not out.
During the evening Peg said some one is knocking.
I went to the back door and there was a little tabby cat with a collar and bell around it's neck.
It was trying to bash it's way through the cat flap without success,it miaowed at me and I let it go. (Isn't that a funny word to spell?It's near to mice in the dictionary) not a lot of people know that.
Perhaps it is a friend of Mackerals?
Keep hoping
Norman

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Norman, have you asked your local Cat's Protection League (or similar group) if they have a humane trap you could borrow? The sort of thing that's used to trap feral cats? You may well end up catching the wrong cat several times (or other wlld life), but it might be worth while giving it a try.

They look something like this (just the first one I found on a google search)
http://www.trapman.co.uk/cat-trap.htm

Jennifer

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Norman

Have you thought of putting up a poster in your local Post Office or similar asking for any information about missing puss.

My husband reminded me of a similar situation we had with one of our cats some years ago now, turned out a 'kindly' neighbour had taken him in because she thought he was a stray. We only discovered where he was when we put up notices on the lamp posts around the area.

For the 18 years we had our 'William' he continued to visit her for his second breakfast of the day, a snooze by her fire, then he would return home!!

Fingers crossed for you and Peg.
Love
Cate

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hi Norman I hope you have success soon.
When we first rehomed 'Oscar' - on his first day out - I called him by name every half hour!!! - (not that he recognised his name but maybe my voice).
This brought him back to view 'me' before deciding whether he would come in or continue exploring.

3 wks later he is regularly coming in and out - mainly for food or some affection. 6 weeks later he is an adorable friend. David is still peeved that Oscar does not choose to sit on his knee (its usually mine) - how I wish he would plum for David as it would give him such pleasure.

I do hope you master this, otherwise give another cat a chance.
Best wishes Beckyjan

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
More knocking at the door tonight.
This time it was Mackeral fighting his way out through the cat flap.
So he has been back again!!
I will continue to put food out and hope "to woo him"Bruce's words.
I feel now that we have a chance of getting back.
Norman

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
You've made my night Norman!!
I can now go and read my book, before the land of nod calls me.
Love Helen

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
That's brilliant Norman! I suspect a feline plot though. I bet Mackeral has just been worrying you and winding you up so you spoil him rotten when he finally deigns to move in and live at your expense. :)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
My cats are both 12 years old.......we used to have terrible trouble with one of them when we'd been away on holiday.....alhough we used to get one of my son's friends in to feed them twice a day. As soon as we returned Sonic would always go missing for a few days(although he would come through the cat flap at night when we were in bed I think.)....after a few days of wooing him with salmon, cod steaks etc he would finally decide to come home............:rolleyes:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513