Casbow's Diary.

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Casbow - I'm so sorry to hear that the lady died. Take comfort in knowing that her daughter understands that it is not your husband's fault. I can only echo what the others have said.

My husband is in care home, doesn't seem to know me and cannot participate in any activities, so I can understand what it feels like for you when visiting. I try to think of something to make conversation but with no response it is very tiring - very sad.

Hugs

Lilac x

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
I cried for you when I read your post Casbow.

I`m so sorry for everyone concerned. Thank goodness the lady`s daughter has accepted it for what it was, a tragic accident, and thank goodness your husband has no idea.

I don`t know what else to say.

Thank you all so much . Your support is everything to me. I know that it was the dementia or even a very genuine couldn't be helped accident. I will always know in my heart that my husband has always been kind and never hurt anyone. Never smacked the children. Hardly ever raised his voice. He would be the most devastated of all if he new.Thank you all.xxxxxxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Thank you for posting. I am o.k. Been to visit today. He was away with the fairies. Totally happy in his own world. He always smiles when he sees me but I don't think he knows who I am. But today he said 'give me a kiss'. That was a first time he has said that for years. Not sure what is going on in his poor head. Will visit again on Saturday and Sunday. I am fine. Hope you are ok. I know things are difficult for you. Love to you.xxx

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
Thank you for posting. I am o.k. Been to visit today. He was away with the fairies. Totally happy in his own world. He always smiles when he sees me but I don't think he knows who I am. But today he said 'give me a kiss'. That was a first time he has said that for years. Not sure what is going on in his poor head. Will visit again on Saturday and Sunday. I am fine. Hope you are ok. I know things are difficult for you. Love to you.xxx
Glad to hear from you!
Thanks for replying
Love xxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Hello there. Found my diary again. Still finding my way on the new site. (I'm not very bright.)Been to see David today. For the last five visits He has barely opened his eyes. I feed him and his eyes are closed. I rub his arm and say open your mouth love. Which he does with his eyes mostly closed. I have felt worried and spoke to the nurse today. The doctor is to visit tomorrow to check things out. Maybe he has a urine infection. He has not been drinking anything like he was a week or two ago. Or maybe it was the flu jab. Or maybe it is the dementia taking another downturn. I wish I could have him back. I miss him.xxxxxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Oh Casbow I'm with you all the way it's heartbraking. Xxmuch love
Thank you Caz60. I will see him tomorrow and find out what the Doctor said today. I could have phoned but I know they would let me know if it was anything that couldn't wait. I suspect it is another dip down in the symptoms of the dementia. The worse thing is that I have to go away for 3 days (Family wedding and granddaughters birthday.) So I won't be able to visit. I always visit twice at the weekend. I know if I am honest, that he will not miss me.But I need to see him at least every other day. Everyone is saying that I must have a nice weekend away and enjoy myself. Well I will try. I will visit tomorrow and then will not see him until Monday p.m. at best. What can I do. OK. I will do as I am told. Enjoy myself. Look out Sauvignon Blanc. Here i come.xx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Thank you Caz60. I will see him tomorrow and find out what the Doctor said today. I could have phoned but I know they would let me know if it was anything that couldn't wait. I suspect it is another dip down in the symptoms of the dementia. The worse thing is that I have to go away for 3 days (Family wedding and granddaughters birthday.) So I won't be able to visit. I always visit twice at the weekend. I know if I am honest, that he will not miss me.But I need to see him at least every other day. Everyone is saying that I must have a nice weekend away and enjoy myself. Well I will try. I will visit tomorrow and then will not see him until Monday p.m. at best. What can I do. OK. I will do as I am told. Enjoy myself. Look out Sauvignon Blanc. Here i come.xx
When I visited again on the Thursday turned out the doctor did not visit. They said (The Doctors surgery) when people are old in a care home they often have ups and downs so there is no need for a visit every time. I trust the staff at the care home and I went away in hope that I would enjoy the weekend. And I did. Our youngest son and his wife visited David on Sunday and said he was very verbal and in a happy mood. When I visited today I found him in a very happy mood and very chatty even if I could not understand much of what he said. The nurse asked the surgery if all the residents on her wing could have a visit for chest check. So the doctor has been Monday. And David's chest is ok. In the mean time I have now developed a sore throat,cough and high temperature. Oh well.!!!!xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
@Casbow I hope you are soon better. And good to know that David is doing ok. At least you won't be worrying about that, while you are under the weather yourself!