Caring for my Dad with Alzheimer's

KathyNC

May 31, 2007
North Carolina, USA
Hello,

I am the primary caregiver for my 78 year old Dad who has Alzheimer's Disease and lives with me in NC (USA).

I am writing a blog that shows the lighter side of caregiving, and offers tips for caregivers.

Please pass this link along to anyone you think may enjoy it.

www.KnowItAlz.com

I am looking forward to learning from your group.

Thanks,
Kathy

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Kathy

thanks for posting here.

I will probably be moving your thread later, when I've figured out where it should go. It is not really in the most appropriate place at the moment, so I'm giving it some thought.

Where in NC are you? I know Cary well, Raleigh, Asheville, Nags Head as well. NC is a lovely state.

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Welcome

Hi kathy, I have been following your blog for sometime now and it's very clear that you love your dad dearly, clearly with alot of hard work you bring things together to make his life as carefree as possible, your efforts are admirable and for what it is worth I do get a good laugh at what your dad, has said or done. You are both very fortunate to have each other and your fund raising efforts for dementia respite to aid other carers is wonderful.I am sure you will be made very welcome here and you will learn alot and find yourself amongst great company. Warmest Wishes.:) :) :)