1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. EmilySd

EmilySd Registered User

Dec 30, 2015
    Derby
    Hi all! I hope your weekend is going well?
    Thanks for all your advice re: me staying at Grandmas once a week to help with Granddad. Grandma is thrilled and Granddads Dr says it's a wonderful idea.
    Does anyone on here go to any training courses or has anyone done a Dementia course? I am a dementia friend but I'd like to do a course too.

Emily xo

Sent from my iPod touch using Talking Point

2. nellbelles

nellbelles Volunteer Host

Nov 6, 2008
    leicester
  3. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    Hi EmilySd
    you are a credit to your parents and grandparents - and obviously a joy and comfort to your Grandma and Granddad - power to you :)

I'm saddened that my dad's adult grandsons - my siblings children - don't visit him and don't even write birthday cards and such - their choice, I appreciate that
    so it warms my heart when I read on TP that there are grandchildren who remain in their grandparents lives and continue to cherish them

I know my Local Authority have courses sometimes so maybe look on your LA's website?

with best wishes and much respect

4. Louby65

Louby65 Registered User

Mar 26, 2014
    Scotland
    Well done Emilysd. The reward you will get from knowing you are helping your grandparents at the most vulnerable time in their lives is immeasurable . My own staff have accessible courses made available by the NHS but there are quite a lot of free courses available , which the public can access . Here's a link for one of them
    http://www.scie.org.uk/publications/elearning/dementia/index.asp .
    You can also contact Alzheimer's Society who will also inform you of any courses . Good luck and I wish you well as you help your grandparents . Best wishes . Lou