carers

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well all ready for thursday for the scrutiny panel and my ten minutes of fame for local carers. done the bullet points to make sure i make the most important points. they talk about professional bodies recognising carers which has the usual list of suspects eg. doctors, social worker and i have added pharmacists after the trouble i had getting my weekly script delivered on the right day as im in affect housebound at the moment. in my own very small way, i hope to raise awareness of carers needs within my local city council.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thankyou MaNaAk im trying and i hope it makes a difference not just a talk shop which is all it does. things need to change. i think communication is at the heart of everything carers need to do the job easier

lemonbalm

May 21, 2018
Fame at last! "Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be jennifer1967". Hope it goes well and you get to say your bit. Let us know how it goes.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
yep im going to be myself. ive got the pain follow up just under 2 hrs before that so need to get myself together quickly and no rest that day either. lazy day that day.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
well today is Carers Rights Day today. im set for this interview bullet points done and in most important order. the carers scrutiny inquiry is tonight and ive smartened myself up even though they wont be seeing me. just wanted to show to myself i can do this. carers have enough to do, being the memory of my husband is hard enough with out having to deal with rubbish that is dished out as well. ive been up since 5-30am in pain again and cant even spell at the moment so see how many words i trip over later. i got my follow up pain appt not long before so its going to be a bit of an evening.

Last edited:

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i will share a secret in the 80s i was a teenager tighter jeans were all that i was allowed
i am panicking a bit as the local carers have just sent through an email saying where to find all the information about carer identity so ive just reference their organisation as i reference alz. soc. as well as a source of information for carers. i was alright until they started giving information and now im having doubts of my own ability of my own ability. need to breathe and read the paper. look at the questionsw as well. i can only answer from my own situation. sorry im flapping and its easier to write and express it now breathe

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thanks woo2 just been told that there is nothing that they can do for the pain im in. no options just chronic pain management so i am disappointed

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I’m sorry , have you seen chiropractor /osteopath at all ? Wonder if an alternative maybe out there that could help .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I’m sorry , have you seen chiropractor /osteopath at all ? Wonder if an alternative maybe out there that could help .
no the physiotherapist that did the injection, said injection and operation not an option as injection didnt work or improve anything. they dont think they can do anything with my pain. i am referred for cbt therapy for the pain so dont know how thats going to happen and im still housebound so not helped. crushed the hope i was having

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976