carers

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Good luck I’m sure you will do as great as you did last time . Thank you for shining a light on this .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
just done the interview with scrutiny panel and thought i would say that i asked about the unpaid carers vaccine and when we would receive them and after representations it was agreed probably priority category 6 but they were saying that a lot of carers would be done together as they were usually both over 80yrs. i pointed out that this doesnt cover adults who are caring for parents and arent over 80yrs. my husband is clinically extremely vulnerable and im not over 80yrs. they will let me know especially as im housebound and they will have to come to me. other thing was make sure you are registered as a carer with the GP because you then have annual checkups as carers and visiting at home. getting the vaccine as well and flu vaccine. it doesnt make me have the vaccine any quicker as am in cat. 6 anyway. they said it was astonishing how many different organisations you have to a be in contact with to meet each of your needs. if you dont know where to go or dont have the help, its baffling and shouldnt be. ive tried to put carers up there again and hope that i done them justice

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i think there are better people with way more experience than me, canary, woo2, MaNaAk, weasell, and too many other people to mention. im only at the beginning of my caring role, and wouldnt be comfortable. i respect those members on forum that have taught me so much and its only because of them i feel able to take part, be able to contribute in some small way.

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I disagree , this may be the start of your personal caring role with your oh but you have been caring for years , for other family , children and your work. We are all just as important as each other , you did great and I appreciate you talking to them on yours and our behalf , thank you .

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I agree you are our spokeswoman who knows where this will lead. As far as we're concerned you're a ?!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thankyou MaNaAk and woo2 on the subject of registering yourself as a carer at the doctors so you can have flu and covid vaccine maybe a bit sooner. i phoned my doctor today for an appt for my husband and checked if i was registered as a carer and no i wasnt, despite telling the practice manager in an email and my doctor being the same as my husbands. i have been caring for my husband for 2 years since his ministroke wiped out most of his memory. i have even talk to my gp, memory clinic, A and E when he had to go, even for my own treatment its on the form that i filled when i had my injection, seen the nurse and had tests recently i told them. i usually phone him while im there to make sure hes alright. but its not on my records. so if you are not sure, check as you will be cat 6 for covid if you are not further up the priority list.

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
i phoned my doctor today for an appt for my husband and checked if i was registered as a carer and no i wasnt, despite telling the practice manager in an email and my doctor being the same as my husbands.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely check with our practice. They've recently set up a new department, the frailty team. We are both it seems under that department, my husband because of his condition and me as his carer, but what you say makes me think I'd better check with the practice records.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti