carers vouchers

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Some time ago there was a great deal of discussion about carers vouchers,it was never explained fully.
Could anyone enlighten me,how do you get them,what are they used for,what are they worth in LSD.
How much value is available?
Norman

Anne54

Sep 16, 2004
Nottingham
Dear Norman
I get my vouchers from the SW connected to Fred’s day centre, they are for me to attend carers meetings. Each voucher is one hour from crossroads except on Sundays when one =half an hour.
Anne

Geraldine

Oct 17, 2003
Nottingham
Hi Norman

You need to get a Carer's Assessment done through Social Services. It is your local SS that gives them out. each voucher buys one hour of care from someone like Crossroads or a list of Agencies that the SS wiil give you. Although our local scheme has just been suspended until next year because they overspent on the vouchers. I used it for about 6 months when Mum was at home. I spent it for a sitting servie and also managed to get 3 much needed sitters at night during the worst time before Mum had to go into a home

geraldine

Chris

May 20, 2003
Carers Break Vouchers

Maybe its Carers Break Vouchers ??

I tried searching for these + birmingham but didht get very far - mabye a call to your SS dept may reveal someting. Thsi seems a new thing - I msut find out what happening in our area.

I know here that every carer is entitled to so many weeks respite at soemtning like £70 a week (dont quote me !!) - if their circumstnaces fit the critieria of course ! Thsi is achieved by SS purchsing a number of care home beds to use for respites soley. Thsi is helping enormously - and is enabling people to lvie at home longer - what every9one wants of course - but its also cheaper for 'them' - sorry to be cynical.

I think the Vouchers can be used for other things too not just for the cared for to live elsewhere for a week at a time (sometines thsi cuased more upset than no repsite at all ). Escuse hasty note.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger