Carers` Voice

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I attended my local Carers` Voice Support Group, for the first time last Friday. During discussion, I was advised to take out an EPA for my husband.

If I have mentioned this in the past, I have been faced with hostility, but the advocate at Carers` Voice suggested Mutual EPAs for us both.
This was a way round the problem I was unaware of.

I received an email today, from the same advocate at Carers` Voice, with a list of local Solicitors, who have advised MENCAP they have the expertise to assist in the drawing up of Wills and EPAs.

She ended the email with the following advice;

(I would recommend the Alzheimer's Society website - it is comprehensive and
very informative). Unquote

Thought I`d share this with you. Sylvia

Robbie

Feb 22, 2007
East Yorkshire
After taking out an EPA for my father my wife and I decided to take on out each ourselves, I think everyone should do one they are essential as none of us know what tomorrow will bring.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
When we moved here four years ago the solicitor who did our conveyancing suggested that we should rewrite our wills in Scottish form and at the same time draw up EPAs and Welfare PAs, naming each other and a son, in case we should both be incapacitated.

He didn't charge us for the wills or PAs, only for registration of the PAs. The conveyancing was a percentage, and he said that was quite enough to cover everything. So who said the Scots are mean?

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
wills

A few years ago when my husband was showing the first signs something was not quite right. I was advised by a relation to take out an EPA for my husband, as we were thinking of changing our wills we went to the solicitors and she suggested we might like to include POA for each of us, this we did . I believe she could see the signs in my husband and i was relieved she was the one to suggest it. It saved me bringing it up and maybe having resistance from my husband .

Cynron x x