Carers Starting Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Middle - later stages of dementia' started by Kay111, Jan 12, 2020.

1. annielou

annielou Registered User

Sep 27, 2019
    Maybe it happening now might be a good thing in a way. At least she can be prepared that it might happen. And if she cant cope with it then at least she can let you and agency know so they can change carer before your dad gets used to her and has to change carer further down line if it happened then and she didnt cope with it.
    Hopefully she will get over it as it sounds like although she isn't trained yet on personal care etc she sounds like her manner with your dad is good and as canary says that is hard to learn
    I hooe it all works out ok x

2. Kay111

Kay111 Registered User

Sep 19, 2019
    Thank you @Bunpoots! That's such a great video. Do you know of one where she has advice for bed bathing? (I tried to google it but nothing came up). (ps my first ever copy of Dementia Together arrived today and I saw your name pop up in the "your answers" section. :) . I hadn't quite twigged somehow, with all the different organisations and places to get advice, that DT was linked to this forum so I was like woah! hehe. )

@annielou very true. I had a chat with her just now and she seemed fine. i just feel really terrible that I didn't prevent it happening and the poor lady got a whack in the jaw.

3. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Volunteer Host

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I couldn't find a Teepa Snow one for bed bathing either. Sorry.

I haven't seen DT yet. I'll have to have a look

4. DesperateofDevon

DesperateofDevon Registered User

Jul 7, 2019
    I honestly believe that it will quickly settle down into a routine; with Mum looking forward to hearing the latest news etc from the carer
    X