Carers self isolating

M&P

Mar 28, 2020
My mother has dementia, she has four care calls a day. The care calls have stopped because the agency providing the carers cannot get them to work as they have all decided to self isolate. I'm now doing a round trip of 70 miles a day to try and care for my mother. I've phoned social services out of desperation but they just couldn't or wouldn't help. I've phoned care homes to try and get her a place. The only hopeful one, although we are waiting for their decision, want £1300 a week. I'm reaching the point of having a breakdown. I got to my mother's at 7.30 this morning to find her absolutely saturated in urine. I can't do this on my own. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am afraid I have no real suggestions but hopefully someone else on here will do. A 70 mile round trip each day is certainly not good for anyone. I guess you have tried other agencies in the area but I think they are all struggling. I just hope the CH will accept her, despite the cost you would at least know that she would be cared for.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello @M&P
a warm welcome to DTP
what a horrible situation for both your mum and for you
might Admiral Nurses be able to help
and there's the support line, the advisors have a lot of knowledge

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members