Carers maintaining confidentiality

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I have some carer who sees my mum and the carer has a habit of being loud sometimes and going out of the house talking loud. Today she was on her way out of the house telling me about my mum sundowning and laughing about it. I thought she might as well be telling the whole street. Is her behaviour ok of the carer or do you think it's a concerning issue?

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I have some carer who sees my mum and the carer has a habit of being loud sometimes and going out of the house talking loud. Today she was on her way out of the house telling me about my mum sundowning and laughing about it. I thought she might as well be telling the whole street. Is her behaviour ok of the carer or do you think it's a concerning issue?
@Nightshade01 actually it is not okay. It is okay for the carer to tell you about it discreetly but it is not okay to tell the whole street about it but to be fair the carer may not be aware of how loud she is and may not be aware that it is wrong. I think a discreet and tactful word now may be a good idea before it gets out of hand. Hopefully if you let her know now that it is unacceptable that may be the end of it.

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
@Nightshade01 actually it is not okay. It is okay for the carer to tell you about it discreetly but it is not okay to tell the whole street about it but to be fair the carer may not be aware of how loud she is and may not be aware that it is wrong. I think a discreet and tactful word now may be a good idea before it gets out of hand. Hopefully if you let her know now that it is unacceptable that may be the end of it.
Do you think I should be th one to tell her or should I report her to the office?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Do you think I should be th one to tell her or should I report her to the office?
Id try a discreet, friendly, non-accusatory word with her first - along the lines of "did you realise that your voice carries? I dont really want other people to know about mum...."

If it doesnt work, you can then report her to the office, but this will be viewed as a complaint. She may not have realised that others could hear her and talking to her may sort it out.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I dont think its unduly concerning, especially as she was talking to you.

Nexttime just say something along the lines of ''Shhh a bit, dont want the whole street to hear!'' I doubt she realised she was overloud.

Would I report it to the office? no It can be easily rectified, no one was in danger from what she did or was harmed really. If she's a good carer otherwise you want to try and keep her, not get her into trouble