Carers Feeling Forgotten During The Pandemic

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

I've just seen an item about carers in care homes feeling forgotten during this pandemic. I don't want to think that dad's carers are being forgotten but I do want you all to know that I am thinking of my friends here as well some of whom are probably not paid.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Caring for dad on my own was very lonely at times and I can't help but think of these carers.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i dont think its particularly rewarding either. there is no sense of achievement of a job well done because you know you have to do it all again tomorrow

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear Jenny,

I hope you get to chase up what you are entitled to. Use the Turn2Us form or email CAB.

Good luck

MaNaAk

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
Hmm-just read this...wondering if I/dad should be getting a carers allowance. Thinking not as I have a full time paid job.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hmm-just read this...wondering if I/dad should be getting a carers allowance. Thinking not as I have a full time paid job.
Dear @Helen10,

Your mum should be in receipt of Attendance Allowance first and in her case the higher rate. Also if you work then your dad could be entitled to Carers Allowance. Have a read of the website that @Shedrech has recommended.

Good luck
MaNaAk