Carers escape to Utopia - (whatever you want it to be)

Adcat

Jun 15, 2014
London
Evening All,
I've been reflecting, thinking and worrying too much. Having browsed TP this evening I have decided that what we all need is a utopia thread! (You might not agree of course!)
Currently my utopia would be a fantastic nights sleep without a peek from my wandering dad. I could then wake up renewed and invigorated (and totally gorgeous :D) ready to tackle the day ahead. The day ahead would involve me winning a huge sum of money In order that I could have a career as a philanthropist. I would then be able to dish out large sums of money in brown envelopes to all of us carers to make life much easier. No Buerocratic (not sure if I have spelt this correctly) nonsense to deal with. No worry about losing homes to pay for care. The whole wide world would be dementia friendly and kindness would be mandatory.
Care would be held in the highest regard by society. Indeed it would be quite fashionable/trendy/glamorous.
The trend setters could wear slogan t shirts; care is cool or keep calm and care or carry on caring.
The politicians would recognise that care is the foundation/fabric of civilisation.
I could ramble on but its 23.15 and if I don't go to sleep I won't reach my utopia goal :eek:
Good night all x

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
Send some of those envelopes over to the U.S., so I can travel either to the Scottish highlands or the Canadian Rockies - without a phone, cell phone, internet, or need to work, cook, clean, and take care of everybody! As for shoveling ice and snow (which we have had to do this morning) - someone else can do it while I have a cup of hot cocoa.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Great idea :) A good night's sleep (or several) figures highest on my list, too. Then the mental energy to watch the films I haven't seen this year, and books I haven't read (too many to list here....:eek:).

Oh, and if this is Utopia could my weight loss speed up a bit, please? :D xx

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Haha CJ there's plenty snow in the Scottish Highlands right now so don't forget to bring your skis. Mind you, the thought of spending time in a lovely lodge in the highlands with logs burning brightly, other people attending to every need, I think I'll join you in Utopia - now where's that cup of cocoa.

CJinUSA

Jan 20, 2014
eastern USA
Haha CJ there's plenty snow in the Scottish Highlands right now so don't forget to bring your skis. Mind you, the thought of spending time in a lovely lodge in the highlands with logs burning brightly, other people attending to every need, I think I'll join you in Utopia - now where's that cup of cocoa.

O - I'd totally LOVE to see snow in the Highlands! With cocoa in hand, watching the flakes come down and mound all around. I might have to get snowed in, in fact - as long as it was someone else's headache about getting food to me, making sure the heat is running and the roof not leaking, and so forth. Let us go there - or the Alps, or the Rockies, or somewhere I don't have to shovel snow and ice and *then* try to get to work!

Liz57

Dec 22, 2013
On the day my husband died four years ago he gave me a book of Wainright's Walks in Cumbria (it was my birthday). Even then, going anywhere without mum was pretty impossible and although I swore I'd do at least one of those walks one day, I never have.

One day.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
On the day my husband died four years ago he gave me a book of Wainright's Walks in Cumbria (it was my birthday). Even then, going anywhere without mum was pretty impossible and although I swore I'd do at least one of those walks one day, I never have.

One day.

Yes, Liz, one day :) What a lovely thing for your husband to do. Please don't ever lose that ambition :) xx

Ginnykk5

Jan 6, 2015
Hemel Hempstead
Utopia

oh yes please. to sleep to sleep, to have a home when hes gone, to pay for someone else to clean, cook and garden.
To be able to chose one of those lovely kitchens or bathrooms you see on the tv. the ones that are the size of the entire ground floor of a normal house.
Then 3 weeks on an island in the maldives, just me, sun, sea, and sand.

Sadly I have a 1 in 1 million chance of becoming a millionair.
A 1 in 3 chance of getting cancer
A 1 in 2 chance of getting dementia
A 1 in 1 chance of getting a ban nights sleep.
:rolleyes:

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Since I live in Scotland my Utopia is somewhere warm.:)

Come to New Zealand... Going into our Autumn and currently still having warm temps of 27dC :) so hot, you don't need any blankets on you at all at night and still need the fan going.
You can experience the winterless North Island or if you still want the snow visit Dunedin, or Invercargill in the South Island :D

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
New Zealand isn't as hot as Australia, plus we don't have poisonous snakes or spiders, or crocodiles :)
Have lived in the UK for a while, and also in Australia... but theres no place like NZ... but I am biased ;)

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Come to New Zealand... Going into our Autumn and currently still having warm temps of 27dC :) so hot, you don't need any blankets on you at all at night and still need the fan going.
You can experience the winterless North Island or if you still want the snow visit Dunedin, or Invercargill in the South Island :D

Sounds wonderful Linbrusco :) x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bottomls