Carers Christmas bonus

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
I was feeling depressed today but a bit of light came in to my life when I remembered the carers Christmas £10 bonus,the first time anyone thinks about us all year haha.I wonder if any shops will be open to spend it

My Mum's Daughter

Feb 8, 2020
And carer's allowance is going up by 34p a week! Save it up for 4 and half years and it will pay for a Gordon Ramsey burger at Harrods.

hooperswan

Dec 22, 2016
This may sound awful,but I have resented some of the money being thrown about over the last 6 months in the UK,and I suppose it has just brought it home as to how little carers get to support themselves,I have been supporting my son too from my carers allowance as he lived with me half of the time,although he hasn't stopped much over the last few months because of the covid situation,
I had a nice day today though as I rang him to see if he would like to come to the shops with me as he only lives around the corner,and I was amazed that he stopped playing his computer and came and met me.He went back to his mum's with a huge bag of snacks to hide in his room;)