Carer's assessments as i help care for my dad

Just Jane

Jun 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I phone up today for carer's assessment as i help care for my dad, they took some details from me to create a file, and told me what happens in carers assessment, and that i am now waiting for a telephone appointment to talk about how i care for my dad how it effects me ect.
I have been given information for my local carer's Hub and some more information.

I would like to know how long people were waiting for one this carers assessment and how it went?

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Hi @Just Jane

I had my telephone assessment long before Covid came along so it probably takes longer now but mine happened after just a few days.

Remember to tell it how it is on the worst of days. I found it helpful to have a few bullet points written down so I wouldn’t forget anything. The assessment was fairly comprehensive though and the caller obviously had a list of questions at their end they went through with me. I was asked to describe on a scale of 1-4 how much I was affected by caring for dad. I expect different councils approach it differently though.

I’m sure you’ll be fine ?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i had one last week. it took about an hour and basically is how your caring impacts on your life like social life, seeing friends what you do that sort of thing