Carers allowance Christmas bonus?

nae sporran

Volunteer Host
Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I got the extra tenner on my carers allowance and OH got an extra tenner with her pension, so we must be doubly blessed.

A nice single malt would have been nicer, right enough. Though a tenner won't cover that.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
That £10 originated with Ted Heath I think and no one ever had the courage to rescind it even when the winter heating payment was introduced.

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Mum and Dad both get the higher rate of Attendance Allowance and it looks like they got an extra £150 each for Christmas.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Well, nothing for me so far with my carer's allowance. Good job I didn't dash out and spend it!

And no AA big bonus for OH either.
Are you sure that wasn't a double payment because of the bank holiday next week?

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Just checked Mum's account - £300 Winter Fuel Allowance (WFA against the payment in) paid in on Dec 1st (which I hadn't spotted before) but nothing relating to the AA.

Suzanna1969 - are you sure it wasn't the WFA that was paid in?
Christmas Bonus is marked XB. I'm thinking what to spend my £10 on!

Suzanna1969

Mar 28, 2015
Essex
Just checked Mum's account - £300 Winter Fuel Allowance (WFA against the payment in) paid in on Dec 1st (which I hadn't spotted before) but nothing relating to the AA.

Suzanna1969 - are you sure it wasn't the WFA that was paid in?
That would make total sense yes of course.

I did think it was a bit generous!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Oh yes, I got a tenner more as well!

Strange, OH's account shows the bonus separately marked XB. That's the State Pension bonus I think - not sure you get another one for AA as well. I think it's one bonus per person so don't spend this generous amount all at once!

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Well, I haven't had the carer's allowance bonus. Maybe it will be on the next payment, in time for the January sales......last payment was Nov 30, (paid every 4 weeks.)