Carer visits to my mum

Lesley_A

Jul 6, 2020
First visit of carer to sit with mum worked well. Coming again next week. What things can I ask the carer to do with mum. Can they bake together get meal ready. Sit and do colouring make a cup of tea. Any other ideas she can do with mum please?

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
First visit of carer to sit with mum worked well. Coming again next week. What things can I ask the carer to do with mum. Can they bake together get meal ready. Sit and do colouring make a cup of tea. Any other ideas she can do with mum please?
It depends how long she is there for. They can go shopping if needed . Or they can just sit and chat . It depends what is needed ?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It depends on your mums interests and abilities

Knitting. Looking at old photos. Card games. Folding towels, Painting mums nails. Make a scrapbook/cards

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My partner has a carer round for sitting service on Tuesdays. It started off as trip to singing for the brain, then trips to garden centre cafes, but she is happy to stay at home while the carer nips out to M&S for cakes before they sit and chat and C usually has a nap while her visitor is there. They have a good rapport just doing that.

JGDMG

May 5, 2020
Mums carers always just sit and talk with her. They will encourage her to eat and sometimes make a meal for her to eat when they leave, but as all she ever wants is company that's what they do. They are happy to sit and chat instead of things that they must spend their time doing like personal care, etc and it does help a lot with loneliness as the relationship builds up. Of course it doesn't help the main carer much, but I find the benefits to her are great so it makes everything easier for me. Different things work with different people, but it is lovely for them to have someone to listen, and the time to listen, to stories from the past etc

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
My mums carer come mainly as company for my mum and to make her dinner, though now they help with mums ironing and some cleaning. Care manager suggested some ideas like playing cards and dominoes and one carer suggested doing mums nails for her. I left some nail polish and nail files snd remover wiped along with cards and dominoes in cupboard for them. Unfortunately virus restrictions started not long after mums carers did so they’re not allowed to do those things now. We’d also thought they could go for trip to local shops for look round as mum and I used to do that a lot but the virus restrictions stopped that too. I always leave the tv on (usually home programmes) so there is bit of background noise if mum goes quiet and something for them to talk about if get stuck. Mum is sometimes colouring or doing puzzles or knitting when carer comes and carries on. I often think carer might be bored but Mum is happy to have them just be there.