Carer groups in Brighton

aitch-boss

Feb 11, 2015
Brighton, UK
Does anyone know of any informal carer groups or evening meetups in Brighton, or around East Sussex?

The groups organised by the Alzheimer's Society and Carer's Centre all take place during the day and myself and partner both work full-time.

If not, if there's anyone in the area who wants to meet up with family carers over a coffee/glass of wine, let me know!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I feel it is important for you and other members to read these guidelines about keeping safe online.
http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/show...line-a-reminder&highlight=Keeping+Safe+Online

I suggest you telephone your local branch of the Alzheimer's Society at least to ask them if they are aware of any evening support*. Other charities such as Age UK or the Carer's Association may also some information about this.
*You can find your local branch here:
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200121

aitch-boss

Feb 11, 2015
Brighton, UK
Thank you for the links BeckyJan - I've already exhausted all official avenues for evening groups, hence trying to find people in the same situation as us. Caring is pretty isolating :(

Had no idea it may come across as an unsafe request though, sorry - will try and find a group elsewhere.

doodle1

May 11, 2012
Hi there I'm sure admin did not intend to put you off this site.please stay on as this site is really helpful. I should add that both my parents have dementia and I also care for my mil and am aware how isolating caring can be . Hugs

aitch-boss

Feb 11, 2015
Brighton, UK
Thanks doodle, not put off at all... this site is so helpful.

But sometimes it's good to meet with people who understand, just wondered if anything like that existed down in Sussex - even just to swap stories or just get away from reality for a bit. We'll keep looking :)