Carer for my nana who has just come out off hospital

Jessica.s

Aug 10, 2015
Hi I am a carer for my grandmother she had a fall and was kept in hospital two and a half month waiting for social services she is now eventually home I was just her main carer but now with her not being able to stand I have a care company coming in along side me to help with getting her up and ready, we know she has dementia for a while now but when she was in hospital they did not diagnose, she has started to give me a lot of abuse and carers this is hard having her speak to me that way but I know she doesn't mean it and can't help it is there any advice to cope with this I know carers who come in have experienced with people like this I don't know if it is because of different carers coming in and out and always different people she has always had a mouth on her lol but never the abuse she has being giving when she came out off hospital thanks

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Hello Jessica & welcome to TP.

I would contact your Nana's GP & tell them about her behaviour & ask them to visit her.

Spiro

Mar 11, 2012
I'm wondering if she might be in pain. Perhaps you could give her some Paracetamol and see if this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathleen s