careing

gefforey

Nov 23, 2006
scarbrough
my mother has been diagnoised with alzheimers and is finding it hard to come to terms .iam looking after her and it is a struggle which means i get no time to myself any suggestions

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Hi gefforey. Welcome to TP. I think you'll get more replies if you post in the main forum "support for people with dementia and their carers". You might want to make the same post there, or you could hang on while one of the other mods moves this thread for you. I've not learned how to do it yet.

best wishes
Áine

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi geffory
Glad you found TP....Are you the sole carer for your mum? Are there any other family members nearby or friends who could look after mum so you could get some time to yourself?
its very hard looking after someone with AD 24/7 without a break.....social services should be able to help with daycare centres/sitting services/respite care but you may have to nag them a bit....
take care

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Hi Geoff

I'm glad you found TP as I know you will get some very good advice, help and understanding here. Have you visited the general site and looked up some of the information you might need there?:)