Carehome confusion

skinnny

May 5, 2020
I had my first visit at mums carehome in her room which went really well but as there's not enough slots and 70 residents nearly impossible to get another.
Also just been told they are now stopping them as staff not following rules, so I have to go back to meeting in the day centre, seems like where going backward not forward.
Don't see why I should be penalised for staff incompetence.
Has anyone had a similar Experience?

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
Hi @skinnny , pleased you had a good visit in your mum's room.
I agree that you, and other families, shouldn't be penalised for staff not following rules.
I should email the care home manager and express your disappointment. Is the day centre in the same building?
I get to see mum (visits are 30 minutes once a week) in the "family room", which is better than standing in the cold outside a closed window , but would prefer to be in mum's room where she has her own things which would help with chatting.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I am not able to visit mum inside at the moment, my sister is her nominated visitor so I can only do pod visits. My sister meets mum in the reception area which is separate from the communal rooms. As mum went into the care home last April, we have never been in the home and have no idea what mums room is like.

Eunomi

Apr 2, 2018
Sorry about your experiences, my husband is in at care home in Derbyshire. Me and the family are using Skype and I wish to keep both residents and staff safe. So this is my choice. I have been criticised by some associations.However for my views but I feel safety’s paramount. All the 37 residents are well and suffer different degree of Dementia.
They have been COVID free since lockdown and need to keep it that way.
I can understand both sides. However we can’t visit family in their homes?.