care

5 and 2

Jan 1, 2015
Hi all

this is my first time blog not to good on the computer but getting there.

Had a visit from bluebird care does any one know about them,i must say they seem to be very good.tried day care for my husband but he didnt like it at all.He likes to walk a lot so hopefully he will go with someone from bluebird.I dont mind walking but am getting very tired, we walk three times a day,it,s getting a bit much.Any advice?:(

irishmanc

Jan 14, 2015
Manchester
My Mum had help from Bluebird carers for about a year. All very nice - some more competent and proactive than others. Quite pricey but very reliable. Good luck.

JigJog

Nov 6, 2013
Hi all

Had a visit from bluebird care does any one know about them,i must say they seem to be very good.tried day care for my husband but he didnt like it at all.He likes to walk a lot so hopefully he will go with someone from bluebird.I dont mind walking but am getting very tired, we walk three times a day,it,s getting a bit much.Any advice?:(

Hello 5 and 2,

Welcome to Talking Point.

I had to read your post twice; I thought it was me posting! :)

Snap my husband loves to walk. Although he only walks once a day, he does walk 6 miles each time. I am trying so hard to limit the number of times I walk with him as it can be so tying and so tiring.

I have recently been touch with SS to see if I could find someone to walk with him. I had a recommendation of Bluebird Care.

Now I haven't been in touch with them yet but like the approach they describe on their website.

Will you let me know how you get on please? I too need someone to do physically active things with him, rather than Day Care.

Fingers crossed it works for you.

Jig Jog xxx

Last edited:

5 and 2

Jan 1, 2015
Hello 5 and 2,

Welcome to Talking Point.

I had to read your post twice; I thought it was me posting! :)

Snap my husband loves to walk. Although he only walks once a day, he does walk 6 miles each time. I am trying so hard to limit the number of times I walk with him as it can be so tying and so tiring.

I have recently been touch with SS to see if I could find someone to walk with him. I had a recommendation of Bluebird Care.

Now I haven't been in touch with them yet but like the approach they describe on their website.

Will you let me know how you get on please? I too need someone to do physically active things with him, rather than Day Care.

Fingers crossed it works for you.

Jig Jog xxx

hi jigjog

had a visit from from bluebird on thursday very helpful.
Decicded on 2 days for an hour for now,see how it goes not sure if he will go,rang them fri the woman who came was very busy and she didn,t get back to me going to ring monday ,i must say i was very disappointed ,i will let you know how it goes.

take care 5and 2 xx

henfenywfach

May 23, 2013
rct
Hi all

Hi!

Have you tried the red cross? Or crossroads might be able to assist possibly?..what about an all heifers society befriended? ??.speak to your local officer..
Best wishes

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
The Royal Voluntary Service might be able to help with a volunteer to go out for walks with your dad, or even Age UK might have a volunteer, though Age UK was unable to provide anyone to sit with mum because she has carers going in, and even the RVS said no, because mum has defecated on her carpet a couple of times (I hadn't lived until I was clearing up my mother's poo from her carpets) and their volunteers are only there to keep people company for a while, not act as carers.