Care visits,latest news from mums carers

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Mums carers have just left and have said they had an e mail from the owner and saying that they are going to have to cut some care calls,the company said they are going to speak to social services to see if the girls can still be paid for those calls that they will have to miss out,the girls seemed to think it was to help to limit exposure for carers.
it it sounds like pre planning for staff shortages perhaps
It was inevitable that they would have to focus the care on the clients with the most needs,companionship calls and those with very limited needs will be reduced I suppose

Last edited:

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Mums carers have just left and have said they had an e mail from the owner and saying that they are going to have to cut some care calls,the company said they are going to speak to social services to see if the girls can still be paid for those calls that they will have to miss out,the girls seemed to think it was to help to limit exposure for carers.
it it sounds like pre planning for staff shortages perhaps
It was inevitable that they would have to focus the care on the clients with the most needs,companionship calls and those with very limited needs will be reduced I suppose
I haven’t heard a dicky bird from my dad’s care company about anything. My dad is very Vunerable and needs his care. I am fully expecting them to reduce or go altogether. I won’t be paying them anything.

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I haven’t heard a dicky bird from my dad’s care company about anything. My dad is very Vunerable and needs his care. I am fully expecting them to reduce or go altogether. I won’t be paying them anything.
Yes my mum has to pay for her calls,after all we are billed showing the amount of hours they provided so I would be surprised if private payers have to pay for all those calls that are missed
Although Mum pays for all of her care but the bill is sent by the LA as it was arranged by them so it is a bit cheaper than if we dealed directly with the care company,so I don't know if that will change anything

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mshaw6