Care Providing Companies in Manchester UK Region

vicandste

Sep 25, 2010
Manchester
Hi,
I have been let down several times by care teams in the North West. I am now looking for a company who is small, so that the care team on rotation are the same. I also am looking for a company who will take time to sit with my dad, and talk to him. I need them to enable him, and prompt him, not over talk him and rush him.

Does any one know if there are any companies in the North West that fall in line with the £ that the local gov provide?

Thanks
vic:rolleyes::rolleyes:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I've sent you a PM of a national franchise company.

No personal experience but know others in north Manchester who are very satisfied, as it's a franchise experience may vary.

The local franchise has 1 hour minimum slots, I think this is their national standard

I think you will be very lucky to find an organisation meeting your needs within the financial restraints of the LA

Last edited:

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
Also in Manchester

Hi,

I didn't find the companies could meet the needs that I had so now have a zero hours contract with a 3rd Psychology student. She is brilliant. But I only need a few hours a week sitting/housekeeping.

Companies was all in a rut of providing what they wanted to provide. Rather than what I needed.

vicandste

Sep 25, 2010
Manchester
I didn't know that there was a min attendance time, as the council are the ones who have allocated the 30 min am and 30 min pm slot for me. I may have to discuss with them further to gain extra support as dad is totally unable to do meals, lunch, tablets etc... thanks for that point, I will also contact people you have pm me, thanks so much :)

I've sent you a PM of a national franchise company.

No personal experience but know others in north Manchester who are very satisfied, as it's a franchise experience may vary.

The local franchise has 1 hour minimum slots, I think this is their national standard

I think you will be very lucky to find an organisation meeting your needs within the financial restraints of the LA

vicandste

Sep 25, 2010
Manchester
I need the consistency due to the issues we have had. This is the 2nd PA this year who has left and I know that its nothing we have done (one left due to personal reasons, the other as she was working too many hours so her tax and rent stopped being paid, so she has cut back hours to get that paid... weird country when someone has the right to reduce work to get benefits) ... :)

Hi,

I didn't find the companies could meet the needs that I had so now have a zero hours contract with a 3rd Psychology student. She is brilliant. But I only need a few hours a week sitting/housekeeping.

Companies was all in a rut of providing what they wanted to provide. Rather than what I needed.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The minimum attendance time is the one set by the franchise, they just don't do shorter slots.

It's nothing to do with what the LA offer, it may in fact prevent them subcontracting to the LA