Care Plans

Stripey3

May 29, 2019
Good evening,
I have asked the CH if I can see the care plan for Mum and they have agreed that I can look at it next week with one of the supervisors.
Never seen one before, not sure what info it should contain etc.
Anyone had experience of care plans or advice of what I should look out for please.
Thanks

margherita

May 30, 2017
Italy, Milan and Acqui Terme
I have just read the care plan for one of my friend's husband.
It is a three page questionnaire where they ask about the patient's needs re meds, personal hygiene, behaviour ( wanderer? aggressive?), eating habits, likes and dislikes, activities they might enjoy both indoors and outdoors. On the whole that plan outlines what the PWD is like and what is good for them to be well cared for.

Last edited:

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My OH gets care at home. Her care plan is pretty comprehensive and includes a description of her height and weight, whether she wears glasses, special dietary needs as she is diabetic, how she communicates, personal hygiene needs like where she is susceptible to sores and of course my phone number and that of her daughter. As I handle medication that is not in there, but if your mum needs those administered that should be in hers.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
My mother is in a care home too. It's year since I looked at her care plan but it included basics such as her age and weight, my contact details, medication, the type of help she needs with daily tasks (everything from eating, dressing and washing to mobility) and the need for aids like pressure mats, walking frames etc.

Stripey3

May 29, 2019
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I have read it and will be discussing it with a supervisor.