care homes

gerard

Feb 20, 2008
birmingham england
I am currently looking for a good care home to place my father in who suffers from a mild form of dementia,idealy within a 5 mile radius of Sutton Coalfield {10 miles of post code B76}. Any suggestions would be appreciated

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Just to remind everyone - send any suggestions via PM (like Clare :))

Gerard - I assume you're familiar with www.csci.org.uk You can search there for care homes, and read their inspection reports.

Last edited:

feebee

Mar 17, 2007
I'm after a good care home for my mum so this info will be a big help. I've got my eye on two locally. She has been in a home for the past five weeks for respite but I don't like it. They have lost some of her money and when I last visited she was wearing someone elses clothes and half her clothes were gone out of her wardrobe. That can't be right surely :eek: She went in to give me a break and is to stay in care permanently now but I am worrying about her again when it's supposed to be the opposite. She also does not like some of the staff. At first I thought give them the benefit of the doubt but I don't like the look of the one she dislikes the most either! What do you think?

forgetmenot

Jul 6, 2007
London
care home

elderly accommodation council are very good too providing details of care homes. You need to look around and decide which is best for your loved one and put their name down on more than one.

Good luck