Care home restbite

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
My mother has Been in a care home this week for restbite whilst I had a holiday ! I visited her last night and said you will be home tommorow ! She replied why where do I live ! Her reply was have I got a home and where do I live ! She has forgotton she lives in a flat ! So this is going to be fun ! I shall be picking her up after dinner ! So here goes

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
My husband has never been in respite and for the last five years has not been anywhere without me but every day he looks around our home as if he is seeing it for the first time! I'm afraid with dementia you just have to accept a whole lot of confusion eg I have just removed the toothpaste from John as he has rubbed it all over his face prior to shaving.

Oh dear, I was hoping to take him to an exhibition in Kelvingrove Art Gallery - Victorian clothes display. This could be a long morning!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
My mother has Been in a care home this week for restbite whilst I had a holiday ! I visited her last night and said you will be home tommorow ! She replied why where do I live ! Her reply was have I got a home and where do I live ! She has forgotton she lives in a flat ! So this is going to be fun ! I shall be picking her up after dinner ! So here goes

Is she coping at home in her flat?
Fingers crossed that she settles again quite soon. At least if you decide that she can no longer live independently you know that she will settle in the care home permanently.

Mollygoose

Dec 19, 2014
Lincolnshire
Care home

Is she coping at home in her flat?
Fingers crossed that she settles again quite soon. At least if you decide that she can no longer live independently you know that she will settle in the care home permanently.

Picked mother up and got her back to her flat which is in a sheltered accomandation place ! She was in a panic and wanted to stay in the care home but it all seemed to come back to her on the way home ! She went in her flat and hung her coat up in the same place as she did and put the tele on ! She has carers in 4times a day so eventually I left her and the carer would be back at 7pm !, so far so good

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Picked mother up and got her back to her flat which is in a sheltered accomandation place ! She was in a panic and wanted to stay in the care home but it all seemed to come back to her on the way home ! She went in her flat and hung her coat up in the same place as she did and put the tele on ! She has carers in 4times a day so eventually I left her and the carer would be back at 7pm !, so far so good

Excellent :)