Care home in 28day lock down

Lorraine&dad#

Sep 16, 2019
I've just had a call from mums care home, they've gone into a 28day lock down because 2staff have tested positive they've only been out of a 10day lock down an now this l don't no how mum will cope she's got alzheimer's has only been in 8 weeks,in that time we've been going out 5x a week with family and friends for her mental health and to walk her dog. Have l any rights to still get her out as her essential care giver?

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Have l any rights to still get her out as her essential care giver?
Guidance not legislation

3.1 Care home outbreaks
In the event of an outbreak in a care home, the home should stop indoor visiting (except in exceptional circumstances such as end of life). Essential care givers can continue to visit indoors, but not if the essential care giver or resident they visit are COVID-positive.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...icies-for-visiting-arrangements-in-care-homes .

Also read through 2.4

Lorraine&dad#

Sep 16, 2019
I've just had a call from mums care home, they've gone into a 28day lock down because 2staff have tested positive they've only been out of a 10day lock down an now this l don't no how mum will cope she's got alzheimer's has only been in 8 weeks,in that time we've been going out 5x a week with family and friends for her mental health and to walk her dog. Have l any rights to still get her out as her essential care giver?

Lorraine&dad#

Sep 16, 2019
Thank you both, yes I've looked at government site and it's guidance only seems individual homes are making their own rules. I'll be speaking to the manager tomorrow to ask if I'll be able to take mum out for a walk with her dog a couple of times a week.

Tealy

Nov 6, 2019
I have often over the lockdowns in the last 2 years wanted to take mum out and I understand your desire to.
Once I even set off to go and get mum.
However when I think deeply about my mum's Dementia and the care she requires now ,I know I cannot give her the care she deserves xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife