Care Home Going Great - Taking a Break from TP

Donkeyshere

May 25, 2016
outside UK
Its been 2 weeks and 2 days but feels like months since MIL went into care home. We visited her today and took the little dog as we promised, she was quite happy and said that a couple of the other residents said her room was like a palace! She says she likes it in her corner of her room as she can see the local church and thinks its the one she used to go to as a child (same island different church) but thats fine.

My OH and I came out went for coffee and both said she looks better and happier now than when she was with us. You were all right, we now have quality, positive time with her. She did not mention her annex, nor coming home or why was she there, she just said she was alright where she was and everyone is so nice. Yes there will still be bumps along the way, but we no longer feel guilty, in fact we now feel the opposite.

I am going to take a break from TP for a while as it almost becomes the only thing that keeps you sane when you are in the thick of things almost obsessive, so now is a good time to just take time to step back and enjoy things as they are. I am sure I will pop in and out when I need to but for now, keep supporting each other it the great way you all do. X

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
really good news @Donkeyshere

enjoy your new situation; it sounds as though your MIL is doing well in hers

you know DTP will be here if you choose to pop in anytime

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
It's nice to know you can step back and feel good about the situation. A bit of an inspiration actually to know there is light after some dark days. Have some well earned 'me/us time '