Care Home for PCA Sufferer

pedro209

Sep 10, 2015
Hi,
I hope this is the right place to post this but I am trying to help out a friend who has PCA posterior corticol atrophy.

He is in the latter stages of PCA and has lost his sight and ability to care for himself at all.

Unfortunately, his wife has broken her ankle and cannot look after him for the foreseeable future so we are in desperate need to get suitable care for him.

Does anyone on the forum have any recommendations for any potential care homes that may be able to support him during this time ?

We are based in the North West , Northwich area.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Pedro209

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
We can't recommend care homes on the open forum, I am afraid. Have you contacted Social Services? They should put something in place, and even if you are self-funding, they ought to at least provide you with a list of homes in your area.

pedro209

Sep 10, 2015
We can't recommend care homes on the open forum, I am afraid. Have you contacted Social Services? They should put something in place, and even if you are self-funding, they ought to at least provide you with a list of homes in your area.

Thanks for clarifying - I'm new to the forums.
Social Services have been contacted but they haven't been able to offer anything suitable so it looks like they are going to have to find a way to fund it themselves (at least until something suitable becomes available through Social Services).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heidi j