Care Home Fees

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
For Fizzie.

Fizzie - have you seen Grove's post above?
Am bumping this thread FAO all you TP night owls!

Morning Fizzie. Have worked out the correct name for the Petition. :)
So will post on the Carer"s. UK Web. Page later today. Sadly :( some of the members of the F Book Care Support Group had problems with the link. Am bit. :confused: as it worked okay for me. ! ! How ever. After a bit of faffing about. Have put the Petition Web Address on the F Book page. So no more excuses from the F book members. ! They will hopefully sign
My own mini campaign :) has helped & 3. F book friends have signed. ! ! ! Not easy knowing who too share petition with tho. Was going too share with. J. But her Mum is sadly very , very poorly etc with Altz ( end stage ?) So did not want too cause J. Any more upset etc.

Just a thought. Have you thought of contacting. Local. Radio ? Some have a debate style Phone in. ( mine does) Of course you would have too be extra careful etc. That a Political. Slant**** is not put on Air !

Good Luck. ! & please feel free too P M. Me. If you want. ( much safer I feel then thoughts etc can be shared with out any problem. TP. T&C"s. I mean !)

Hope you have a good day

Grove.

P S. Thanks. Hilly Billy for bumping this up. Hope you see this. ! X

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Wow thank you all of you!

Wayne, I missed your message (how could I!!!!?!!!), thank you very much and you to Otiruz - so much appreciated.
I am at work at the moment so can't check things but will post this evening with an update.

Grove - thank you so much, sorry I was slow to reply to your request for title !! Yes you are right Fair Care Home Fees for All. I am not tackling the media just yet - I would like to have more of a following and I'm still waiting for one Freedom of Information request and then need to do some work on consolidating the factual information but I am working on developing the contacts

Please keep the ideas coming, my brain is on overload lol

Back later x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
HELP PLEASE ! ( Petition Sharing )

Hi Fizzie & Every body , As some of you know I am not very Techy :eek: & after I signed the petition I *Shared** too my F B Page > so far so good But then :( It said *Preview Not available * which :confused: me but I sort of ignored Please can some kind T P'er explain what it means : Preview not available ? Thanks ( have never seen this before )

Tho I did realize ( a bit late ) I had too add the correct Title for the Petition too every body I have shared with

So far I have 4 people who have signed :) & am hoping their friends sign as well !

Grove x

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hi Fizzie & Every body , As some of you know I am not very Techy :eek: & after I signed the petition I *Shared** too my F B Page > so far so good But then :( It said *Preview Not available * which :confused: me but I sort of ignored Please can some kind T P'er explain what it means : Preview not available ? Thanks ( have never seen this before )

Tho I did realize ( a bit late ) I had too add the correct Title for the Petition too every body I have shared with

So far I have 4 people who have signed :) & am hoping their friends sign as well !

Grove x

Grove you are first class. I'm sorry I can't help with the preview bit I am useless. do you want me to do something - I had to go away for a couple of days but i'm back now until next Tuesday!!! when i'm off again for 2 days.

We now have 330 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay and i'm going to 'promote' it again over the weekend so any more ideas about where we should put it (no rude ones please) and I will get cracking again

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
hello Fizzie

Grove you are first class. I'm sorry I can't help with the preview bit I am useless. do you want me to do something - I had to go away for a couple of days but i'm back now until next Tuesday!!! when i'm off again for 2 days.

We now have 330 yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay and i'm going to 'promote' it again over the weekend so any more ideas about where we should put it (no rude ones please) and I will get cracking again

Hi Fizzie , have sent you a P M & please no worries about the preview bit & WELL :) DONE ON 33O Signings ! ! FAB NEWS :)

Love Grove x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
A. Bump. Up. . And Ideas. ! !

Hello. Fizzie , Just a. Thought. ! ! & New idea Could you make little flyers ( from your first post on here plus a little from the Official letter being sent too the Gov't) about the Petition etc & put them out in Public areas. GP"s. ( mine has a Well being Information area. Stop Smoking etc, etc ) & any other places where you will. Catch**** Carers etc. After all they might not be a member of TP ! ! Or DO** Facebook ! ! ! Hope it helps.

Grove. X. X

Take care and Hope you have a good day

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am just updating this post. I have posted the link in many social media groups and we have over 400 signatures. Once we get to 1000 I will start to contact the media. It is increasingly apparent that not only are many people paying twice the Local Authority payment for the relatives but that some people are also being left in poverty by doing so. One lady told me today that although she gets a nursing home top up she cannot afford to pay her own rent - this would not be the case if she was paying the LA rate. Another gentleman contacted me to tell me that he is paying £1069 for his father and the LA rate is under £600.

Please sign this petition, we need to show support. This is not about reducing care for anyone - everyone should receive the care that they need - it is about a fair charge for both LAs and self funders and no 2 tier rate.

https://www.change.org/p/fair-care-home-fees-for-all

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Petition

Wow! Well done Fizzie. You have over 500 signatures now!
Maybe there are some new TP members who have yet to see this petition re care home fees and would like to sign/share?

Georgina63

Aug 11, 2014
Signed!

I am just updating some information. A short while ago following a number of discussions on here about the care home fees and with the help of a couple of members of TP I started a petition. This is about fairness, it is not about taking away care from anyone, it is about making sure that we don't have a two tier system where Local Authorities are allowed to pay one level of fees per week and self funders pay another for exactly the same facilities and access to care

This is a link to the petition and a number of people have asked me to repost it so please have a look and if you are able to please share it with as many people as you can on facebook and twitter. In a very short space of time 249 people have signed.

If anyone has any suggestions then please do join in and let me know, I welcome as much input as I can get both positive and negative but at the moment the system is very unfair and I am surprised it has not been challenged before

Well done, have just signed Gx

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
This is certainly one of my gripes. When I protested a t a 30% hike in fees two years ago (because of Mum's increasing needs) the owner refused to budge and even confessed to using self-funders to compensate for the LA/ SS people. :mad:

My mother's fees have increased by over 50% in the four years she's been there and the shortfall, because her income hasn't increased by much, is now 5 times what it was. Hence all my calculations about how long her money will last are out the window.:(

As mother is now at the severest stage, well 7d (which I know is not technically the final 7e) and has no medication, there seems little likelihood of her hitting that requirement of 'health care'. Merely social care with all her needs anticipated. Despite regular seizures she still has been refused twice after going to panel.

She was the sort to live by "If you can't afford it - do without." Yet here she is condemned to living well beyond her means and all those years of 'doing without' are worth nothing.

Edited to say huge apologies for my first ever post reading so negatively. :eek:
I have lurked on this site for over 6 years now, but never registered before.

However seeing this , whilst researching Continuing Care made me want to support this oh so worthwhile campaign.
And then the frustration took over.:(

Last edited:

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Wow! Well done Fizzie. You have over 500 signatures now!
Maybe there are some new TP members who have yet to see this petition re care home fees and would like to sign/share?
Thank you for raising this very important issue.
This will have huge repercussion for own own generation who will be nowhere near as well off as our parents generation.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Thank you Lemonjuice. I'm glad you have registered and joined our community too.
You are so right. People think it won't affect them but it will affect every single person who has a house and the government and private care home owners particularly the big businesses will absorb every penny of savings of a large percentage of the population. It is a very deceptive way of funding care and keeping Local Authority coffers afloat and it has to be changed. Most people are not even aware that it is happening.
I'm posting the link again, please sign if you agree and please share it any groups that you belong to

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello / Good Evening

Thank you Lemonjuice. I'm glad you have registered and joined our community too.
You are so right. People think it won't affect them but it will affect every single person who has a house and the government and private care home owners particularly the big businesses will absorb every penny of savings of a large percentage of the population. It is a very deceptive way of funding care and keeping Local Authority coffers afloat and it has to be changed. Most people are not even aware that it is happening.
I'm posting the link again, please sign if you agree and please share it any groups that you belong to

Fizzie , Thank you very much for such a positive post & also the Link** will Post again on my F B Page & just an idea ( which I did post on this Thread before) Can you print out the Petition for people who do not own a Computer ? & share with Carer's Support Groups etc & also try local Radio & local News Papers ( NOT for the Petition) But just too make it news worthy & get the Message out ! etc & make people AWARE !

Please P M if you need any help :)

Well Done Fizzie

Grove x x

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England

I'm posting the link again, please sign if you agree
Thanks for the welcome fizzie. I've lurked for many years and found so much useful information on here.
I signed immediately after posting.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Just bumping this thread with the link to the petition regarding care home fees as there will be new members of TP in the last month who may not have seen it yet.

lemonjuice

Jun 15, 2016
England
Bumping this thread with the link to the petition regarding fair care home fees in case new members to TP in the last month haven't seen it and would like to sign and share.
Only 67 more signatures are required to reach the 1000 mark!

Still 64 signatures needed to reach that 1000 figure.

Please spread the word. it may not help our relatives but it may help people in the future.