Care Home Fees

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am just updating some information. A short while ago following a number of discussions on here about the care home fees and with the help of a couple of members of TP I started a petition. This is about fairness, it is not about taking away care from anyone, it is about making sure that we don't have a two tier system where Local Authorities are allowed to pay one level of fees per week and self funders pay another for exactly the same facilities and access to care

This is a link to the petition and a number of people have asked me to repost it so please have a look and if you are able to please share it with as many people as you can on facebook and twitter. In a very short space of time 249 people have signed.
https://www.change.org/p/fair-care-home-fees-for-all

If anyone has any suggestions then please do join in and let me know, I welcome as much input as I can get both positive and negative but at the moment the system is very unfair and I am surprised it has not been challenged before

Risa

Apr 13, 2015
Essex
I've signed it - this subject makes me so mad. Everyone should be paying the same flat rate if they all receive exactly the same service. Whatever someone has or doesn't have in the bank shouldn't come into it.

Otiruz

Nov 28, 2015
Kent
I am just updating some information. A short while ago following a number of discussions on here about the care home fees and with the help of a couple of members of TP I started a petition. This is about fairness, it is not about taking away care from anyone, it is about making sure that we don't have a two tier system where Local Authorities are allowed to pay one level of fees per week and self funders pay another for exactly the same facilities and access to care

This is a link to the petition and a number of people have asked me to repost it so please have a look and if you are able to please share it with as many people as you can on facebook and twitter. In a very short space of time 249 people have signed.
https://www.change.org/p/fair-care-home-fees-for-all

If anyone has any suggestions then please do join in and let me know, I welcome as much input as I can get both positive and negative but at the moment the system is very unfair and I am surprised it has not been challenged before

Thank you fizzle - i've signed and also put this on Facebook which is a great forum for sharing information.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You

Fizzie. For starting this. Tho I am a bit :confused: sorry. This is not the same as Top Up Fees is it. ? Will sign after waiting for a reply. Thank you

Why does this happen ? Does any body know please. Thanks.

Good Luck. Fizzie.

Grove. X.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"This is not the same as Top Up Fees is it?"

As worded not exactly the same.

The petition relates to self funders who have to pay more than those funded by the LA, say £850 as opposed to £550.

This can lead to a request for top ups to be paid on behalf of people who are LA funded, the home wants £850 the LA will only pay £550 so they ask for a top up of £300, nobody can be forced to pay a top up.

If fees were levelled there would be no need for top ups.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
For fizzie

Hi Fizzie , All done & signed :) & shared on F B :)

Just a thought / idea Fizzie would you be allowed too post the Petition on the Carer's UK Club Forum ? or some thing similar ? Am thinking of people who are not a TP member ! ( my friend is not a member even tho she is a full time Carer )

Have signed as tho I often *sit on the fence* about C H Fees but agree with the other T P'er who said it is not about the money in the bank ( or some thing similar) My view is every body should be allowed too pay the same fees etc & will be keeping in touch with your thread with interest

Good Luck & much support

Grove x

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
Still working on it, Fizzie, and thinking how to get this out there to everyone.x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Roseylee

Sep 24, 2014
Yep, signed it too. Just shocking how my parents scrimped and saved all their lives and went without a lot of stuff because they couldn't afford it. Dad died 8 years ago and now Mum is in a care home, paying double what a LA funded resident pays - for the same care, same room, same food etc. It's a great care home, and I can't fault it, but where is the reward for their thrifty lifestyle, in being able to leave a bit to the grandchildren when they pass away?

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
Hello Grove
thank you very much for that idea, I was just trying to work out some other forums where people might be interested. Do I have to join the Carers UK Club Forum? Or could you post the link on there for me?

What do you think?
thank you for your support, all the support means such a lot to me x

Hi Fizzie , All done & signed :) & shared on F B :)

Just a thought / idea Fizzie would you be allowed too post the Petition on the Carer's UK Club Forum ? or some thing similar ? Am thinking of people who are not a TP member ! ( my friend is not a member even tho she is a full time Carer )

Have signed as tho I often *sit on the fence* about C H Fees but agree with the other T P'er who said it is not about the money in the bank ( or some thing similar) My view is every body should be allowed too pay the same fees etc & will be keeping in touch with your thread with interest

Good Luck & much support

Grove x

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi ! ( Fizzie)

Hello Grove
thank you very much for that idea, I was just trying to work out some other forums where people might be interested. Do I have to join the Carers UK Club Forum? Or could you post the link on there for me?

What do you think?
thank you for your support, all the support means such a lot to me x

Oh dear Fizzie ! ( you will be either :mad: or :D ) have lots of ideas BUT (my down fall ) is am not very Techy** & last time I tried too put a Web Page address on TP another TP'er had too help me out :eek: (had made a mistake ! ) How ever glad you like my idea & the Forum am thinking of is called Carer's UK & tho I have read their Page** Am not a Member* but will check it out for you ( guess ? / thinking ? you have too join like we do for T P )

Will Post on your Thread later & you are welcome for my support ( like I posted earlier had all ways *Sat on the fence* with this how ever it does seem very WRONG too me Plus in the future years ? My Father might ? need a C H etc , especially if my Mother finds it all too much etc or his needs change > At the moment he would be self funding but like I said that is for the Future )

Hope this helps :)

Grove x

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
oh Grove it does help lots and lots and I am very grateful for your ideas please keep them coming. Thank you very much xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You

oh Grove it does help lots and lots and I am very grateful for your ideas please keep them coming. Thank you very much xx

Fizzie ( love the name :) ! ! ) After a bit of faffing around have joined the Carer's UK forum , as they do have a Petition Area / Forum :) So my next job ( with help from you please ) is am not sure what too call it ! = Care Home Fees or would it be better too put the Change.Org web page Address on ? Sorry bit :confused: as never done this before ! ( tho from reading other Carer's UK members Petition's they just post the Title of the Petition so guess ? that is all you do )

Thanks for your words of encouragement :) it helps

EDIT > Just another Idea Fizzie** > Could you print out the Petition & hand out too any Carer's Coffee Clubs / Carer meetings etc > Sorry am not sure what you have in your area ? & how about contacting Age Uk ? They are all ways lobbying the Govt etc & have a good National Web Page etc Hope this helps ( sorry am not doing Age Uk link am feeling tired !)

Night

Grove x

Last edited:

The Chewtor

Feb 6, 2016
Gillingham, Kent
Fizzie, I have already put this link on the tumblr blog site to try and catch any followers not via talking point and i will add it to the next TP blog post tomorrow to hope that catches just afew not already seen it here.

wayne
xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello.

Fizzie. , Posted late last. Night with more ideas plus need. Your help please ! ! ! Do you think this is correct. ?

Fair Care Home Fees For All.

The correct name for the Petition. & will wait
For your reply before posting on the. Carer"s. UK. Forum. Page.

Thank You.

Hope you have a good day.

FIZZIE : Please read below the Age Uk Link**

http://www.ageuk.org.uk

Hope that helps & guess they will either say YES or NO* in trying too help !

Hope you have a good day

Grove x

Last edited: