1. imac.girll1

imac.girll1 Registered User

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Yes me being stupid again!

Hmmm a little question for those that maybe able to answer this.

Mother is going into CH - no further details as such needed on that - question is she has a basic pension, middle rate AA and high rate DLA. This is it, no savings to add to fees etc. This i assume will be going completely to pay towards CH fees, but do the government leave her with anything to herself for the week as we do not have any savings etc. If they take everything then she will not have money for a paper, a coffee on any outing or anything. Not even enough to buy toothpaste.

Can anyone explain as for those that know my situ SW is as much use as a wet paper bag in a storm!

x

2. Onlyme

Onlyme Registered User

Apr 5, 2010
    UK
    #2 Onlyme, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  3. imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Thanks Lemony - there is no info anywhere to what these details are that i can find on Gov website, or maybe i am being stupid lol, no comment please!

x

4. Onlyme

Onlyme Registered User

Apr 5, 2010
    UK
    I have found what I think is the right page but it took some digging.

5. imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Got the link?

6. Onlyme

Onlyme Registered User

Apr 5, 2010
    UK
  7. imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Lemony both of us need a large coffee and pastry me thinks ;)

xx

Thanks for info

8. Onlyme

Onlyme Registered User

Apr 5, 2010
    UK
    Good idea, just don't let Sylvia see this as I am supposed to be on a diet.;)

9. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
  10. burfordthecat

burfordthecat Registered User

Jan 9, 2008
    Female
    Leicestershire
    Hi Imac

When my dad went into full time care, I had a visit from a lady from my local County Council who did a full financial review on dad's behalf. Basically all of dad's pensions both state and private went towards his care fees. He was left with an allowance of £23.50 each week.

Imac, if your mum is receiving attendance allowance and is not self funding then you need to advise them that mum has gone into full time care and that allowance will be stopped. Please don't forget to do that otherwise they will contact you at some time in the future and claim it all back.:eek::mad:

Good luck, your doing a great job.

Love Carina x x

11. imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Thank you all, attendance allowance as far as i am aware is paid in arrears so when she does go in i will of course let them know and also with DLA.

I managed to find out also today about the amount and it is about the £23 odd amount. Thank you Hazel for the details though :)

x