Care for elderly ‘close to collapse’ across UK as council funding runs out

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I won't comment on the position of Andrew Lansley in this one, but the problem was there when he was in charge. Better get back to packing before I go off on a political rant.

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
URL="https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/26/nhs-elderly-care-close-to-collapse"] Care for elderly ‘close to collapse’ across UK as council funding runs out[/URL][/QUOTE]
jimbo

Last edited:

CCGcrusher

Aug 24, 2016
Care close to collapse

The system has been broken for some time.
Clinical Commissioning Groups and Local authorities are conspiring to defraud the old and vulnerable, with medical needs, out of Continuing Healthcare (CHC) funding- they did it to my mother.
Care homes are charging self-funders extra to subsidise local authority residents they did it to my mother.
The Government doesn't want to know because it will be another extra cost.

Don't be a victim.T
If you think you're eligible for CHC funding- don't take no for an answer. Be aggressive, be in their face, don't give them a moments peace.

It worked for me. £100,000 refund, CCG now paying monthly care bills for my mother and a number of people in the CCG sacked/required to resign.

Happy to advise.

Relm

Jan 24, 2011
If you think you're eligible for CHC funding- don't take no for an answer. Be aggressive, be in their face, don't give them a moments peace.

It worked for me. £100,000 refund, CCG now paying monthly care bills for my mother and a number of people in the CCG sacked/required to resign.

Happy to advise.

Sorry I have come to this thread late.

CCGcrusher, you seem to have got a very good outcome. Can you say any more about what steps you used? I would be very interested and I am sure other too would be.