Care company have said no visiting

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,
I do hope everyone is keeping safe. I'm so stressed now and finding it difficult to hold my emotions in. I received a email from my sister this afternoon and she has been advised/told that she cannot go into dad to do his breakfast now. I admit I stopped going to see dad just over a week ago because I did feel my visits were adding to dads overall risk as he already had 4 care visits per day plus sister. I do understand it's in everyone's best interest to minimise the risks to dad his carers and indeed sister. Poor dad rang me almost pleading for me to go to do his breakfast which is the highlight of his day. I could only tell dad that neither sister or I were allowed into the house to see him but hopefully it wouldn't be for long. I don't think dad will give his carers a easy time once he realises this morning after morning. My heart is absolutely breaking right now. I'm so frightened that dad won't get through this and I'll not get to hug him again.

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi All,
I do hope everyone is keeping safe. I'm so stressed now and finding it difficult to hold my emotions in. I received a email from my sister this afternoon and she has been advised/told that she cannot go into dad to do his breakfast now. I admit I stopped going to see dad just over a week ago because I did feel my visits were adding to dads overall risk as he already had 4 care visits per day plus sister. I do understand it's in everyone's best interest to minimise the risks to dad his carers and indeed sister. Poor dad rang me almost pleading for me to go to do his breakfast which is the highlight of his day. I could only tell dad that neither sister or I were allowed into the house to see him but hopefully it wouldn't be for long. I don't think dad will give his carers a easy time once he realises this morning after morning. My heart is absolutely breaking right now. I'm so frightened that dad won't get through this and I'll not get to hug him again.
I assume they are wearing masks then

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
I assume they are wearing masks then
Hi @occupied99
I don't know I did ask dad a few days ago and he said no. I looked at the Government recommendation that someone posted a link to and believe it said " if covid 19 suspected that mask to be worn otherwise it was just normal wear ie gloves and aprons. Dad sounds well on talking with him which I have done daily since declining to visit as I have a person with vulnerability in my own home. Partner is in latter 70's with health problems.

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
Hi @occupied99
I don't know I did ask dad a few days ago and he said no. I looked at the Government recommendation that someone posted a link to and believe it said " if covid 19 suspected that mask to be worn otherwise it was just normal wear ie gloves and aprons. Dad sounds well on talking with him which I have done daily since declining to visit as I have a person with vulnerability in my own home. Partner is in latter 70's with health problems.

I'm not happy that my mums carers haven't been given masks yet,but that's just my opinion