1. cake4tea

cake4tea Registered User

Jan 22, 2014
    Hi

our mom is returning from hospital soon after breaking her hip. We have had talks with SS about an enablement package for her with a carer coming in about 0930 and leavingat 10am and one coming in at lunch time.

what we would like to know is if there are any organisation that do befriending so that we could get someone out to be with her in the times she is alone ie 10:00 - 14:00 as my sister would be home or 14:00

I think a befriending would be good as she is sociable and would like to chat to someone and to be honest, I don't always trust SS carers to turn up

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Yes, try Age UK, they do sitting service, and blocks of 4 hours are common, but you might only get a set amount of hours per week.

3. opaline

opaline Registered User

Nov 13, 2014
    Up here we also have Crossroads, Alzheimers Scotland and a local charity called Town Break, x

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
  5. love.dad.but..

love.dad.but.. Registered User

Jan 16, 2014
    Kent
    When we were still looking after dad in his home and trying to find similar the problem we couldn't get around was that most organisations can offer a few hours but only once a week....we needed a block of a few hours every day which they couldn't offer as naturally they have many people are in need of their services. Dad didn't take to day centres. We ended up paying for live in care but sadly that didn't work out. I wish you good luck with your search.