Care at home,wearing of ppe

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
i'm just wondering if anyone that has carers coming in to the home has carers that are still wearing aprons as my mums have just asked me if they could not wear them because of the heat,I was surprised they asked to be honest anyway i said they had to wear them.Of course I could understand it but i'm not going to bend the rules.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I don’t have carers but the lady over the road does. Hers still wear aprons, masks and gloves every time they visit.

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Yes my OH carers still wear aprons as I do because I'm his 2nd carer, they do make you hot but so do other things. If they are going from house to house I would expect them to wear them too.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
I still wear an apron, mask and gloves for garden visits to my wife so I would say that carers providing personal care should too, unless the advice changes.
Good practice should not be dependent on the weather.

Jessy82

Mar 15, 2021
Yes my mums carers are still wearing it, and I am too being a hairdresser, its stifling, but has to be done

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
my OH is still at home and his carers still wear mask, face shield/goggles, gloves and apron.
One of the carers finds it very hot, but has not suggested that he not wear them - I think he might be scandalised if anyone suggested that he bends the rules like that!

wilko73

Feb 8, 2021
Thanks folks they have all been wearing them it was an odd question to be asked, and one that shouldn't have been asked.I live here so i see what happens so rules have to be followed.i hope you're all well anyway,i just hope the sun returns soon x

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
Aprons are no protection at all from transmission of an airborne virus, wearing them in any situation is an absurdity unless required for a reason unrelated to coronavirus.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne2024