Care agencies

emz_33

Oct 25, 2014
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone is have trouble with care agencies, was it all corrected after soo many compliants.

I'm having hard time with the one that look after my mum they provide night care but dojt seem to have the staff to cover sick and holidays. I've had to throw 2 carers out due to misconduct and neglect. I'm surly not the only one having this problem.

Also I'm thinking of doing getting private carers in as local authority isn't giving me enough money in order to pay for care that my mum needs.

starting to think that its me am I too fussing. Mum does have complex needs and is so much better with one on one care.

Thanks for reading and your time.

Emz

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I don't think anyone can care for a relative the way you can. It's a bit like having two women in a kitchen, it's ok for a while but the other woman doesn't wash the dishes quite right or put stuff where you would like it or cooks differently to you and yours is so much better. That's how I look at care and I have to make myself step back now and again and assess whether it is me or is it actually something that I should be concerned about.
The situation we are in is that yet again I've asked the care agency manager to come out as the care plan quite frankly is being ignored. This means that unless my mum runs around doing the stuff they don't then my dad has to go to bed in a soiled bed. We have checked the bed several times to find it has been made up soiled. This is horrific to us and not acceptable. So working with my kitchen comparison ... I'm not over reacting I don't think???

I hope that you get sorted with the carers too xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I would try to get Direct Payments emz and then you can draw up a contract with an agency which agrees to meet your mum`s needs.

Plymum

Jan 9, 2014
I'm not 100% happy with the Agency I use but have come to terms with the fact that nobody would do things exactly the way I would. I do correct the Carers, show them how I want things to be done and put things in writing so that they cannot say they didn't know. I work full time so I can't be with my Mum all the time. If the Agency staff were not following my instructions or being neglectful I would find a new Agency though.

Plymum