Can't see own replies to PMs?

ceetee

Nov 18, 2010
Bedfordshire
Hi, have just started to use PMs since I received a couple. Have replied but cannot see my replies in Sent Messages. Does that mean you only ever see the received messages or messages you sent but not the ones that are replies? Thanks in advance for response.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, that's not right.

OK when you go to your private message mailbox you will see at the top "folder controls". A bit lower down it will say "jump to folder". In order to see your sent messages you have to click on the box that by default shows "inbox" and slide down to "sent items". The you press "Go".

It will then show you messages that have been sent to you. Click on the titles of each one to see the contents.

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Me too

I've always had this problem! And in my sent items it shows a big fat 0!

Is there something we should set up or click which enables us to keep the sent messages? I only get to see what I wrote if someone replies and my original message is included.

Don't think thats right...!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Try this:

Go to the Control Panel to left of Private Messages page.
Go to Edit Options, then find Messages and Notifications.
The bottom paragraph of this section says 'save a copy ....' tick that box then Click on Save Changes.

Hope that works.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have just sent a pm with my phone and had no problem. I also checked my sent messages folder and it was there and my message came up. All of my replies to other PMs were also listed there. Not sure what the problem is. Sorry. X

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Thank you for your post, Jan - I will try that.

I presume that will mean I don't have to remember to scroll down and click on the box to save reply each time!

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Thank you for your post, Jan - I will try that.

I presume that will mean I don't have to remember to scroll down and click on the box to save reply each time!

Yes, but it does mean you have to empty your outbox or you get messages when it gets full.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ah yes - Jan's right. There is an setting to save sent PMs. Sorry about that. I wonder if the default is not to save and if that could be changed. I'll ask anyway.

ceetee

Nov 18, 2010
Bedfordshire
Thanks for all the replies. I am glad I was not the only one with that problem. BeckyJan, I have followed your instructions and saved changes. Fingers crossed for next PM reply. I think if the default was to save the replies, that would make it easier for new users. Thanks again, Ceetee. :)