Can't hear the phone ringing - any suggestions?

Debf

May 31, 2015
Hampshire
Mum has dementia and is hard of hearing. I call her every evening but recently I've been having conversations with the answer phone! When she answers, she can hear me as she puts the phone on loud speaker and holds it to her ear. Her TV volume is constantly on max so it drowns out everything else.
I would love to get something that flashes brightly when the phone rings. It needs to be independent from the phone - ideally something that sits near the TV. She needs her cordless phones so a separate gadget / flashy thing would be ideal as mum struggles with anything new (and old actually).
I've googled various things but just wondered if anyone had the same problem and found the answer?

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Try the major charity for the deaf, they have a shop section with lights to alert for telephone ringing.
Does she have an alert on her smoke alarm? If not her local fire station may be able to advise, and provide.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Debf

I have a Careline which includes a phone alert by my bed , but I'm sure it could be placed by your mothers chair. It also includes a gadget which is placed under the pillow and vibrates so I know the phone is ringing when I'm in bed

Mine was supplied by a local charity for people with hearing problems, I'm sure AgeUK can fit something similar and also other organisations.