Can't handle care agencies and moving - fed up rant alert

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m pleased the move was better than you feared Rob. I hope it soon feels like home to both of you.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry, Rob. Just found this thread. How awful that you have had such a stressful time. Hopefully you can relax a bit now you are safely moved in. Also hope that your new home is to your liking and that you both settle in well. Best wishes.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Home for Christmas....

Missing you on another thread, then someone reminded me of this one...
It's good that you've got the worst over now...and I hope the rest falls nicely into place. You must be drained, but I hope Chrystal hasn't found it all too confusing....everyone says moving is stressful, and yours had so many extra challenges...

We've moved home a lot, hardest in many ways when the children were small, which I think has similarities to your experience. Silly as it may seem, it seemed to help the children that the first thing we always did was decide where the Christmas tree would go...even if the move was in summertime! May I suggest that you make time to put up a tree for Chrystal, and raise a glass together to your new home?

Happy new home!xx xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Hey Rob, just popping in to see how you are? Hope you managed to settle in nicely with care package working now . Best wishes Heike :)

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Good luck in your new home. flowers for Christel and a for you!!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Afternoon and thanks for all the good wishes, the flowers and the beer will go down nicely Jinx :D

Hopefully the last collection at the old place, but I've said that before. :) One positive so far, we met the other residents in the lounge coffee afternoon on Friday and Christel made a new friend. She has dementia too, but they both enjoyed a really good giggle together while I popped out to the Post Office. :)

See you all on positives or somewhere in a couple of weeks if I don't get another chance before.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Glad you are settling in

too much on positives to keep up, although I do pop in and read a page or 2, but will look out for you

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
That sounds very positive, Rob. Hope Christel enjoys the new way of life and it gives you a chance to have a break now and then knowing she is in safe hands.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point