Can't believe what happened today!

marie2

Oct 13, 2005
I have posted previous threads re my mum being admitted to an assessment ward 2wks ago.Today she managed to not mention any of her fears,anxieties and continuing psychosis during the weekly review to the point of a home assessment trying to be arranged despite our families concerns.As I too am a nurse I too know of the ever increasing demands on beds but as yet we have no diagnosis and as I have lived this life for a year I know my mum has become very adapt at hiding things from people that it may cause concern.We are at our wits end as at each visiting time daily all her daughters experience the continuing psychosis but during the day she hides this from the staff.Any ideas of how to handle the situation as I am at the point of refusing to provide a key to her house as I know the situation has not changed and we will return to crisis point within wks as she wil not comply to ant care package etc

purchase

Aug 31, 2005
England
Dear Marie

I can understand just how you feel. My mom was diagnosed with AD fourteen months ago. Sadly we had just lost our dad and in mom's mind the reason she is like she is is because she is grieving for dad.

Mom too puts on an amazing show at the home. she laughs, jokes and even flirts, a thing I never thought possible. As soon as any staff leave the room it is if is a switch has been flicked and we get the other side of mom, the tears, the pleading to be taken home, the nastiness against one of the other lady residents who she has taken a dislike to. We have told so many people about this but all we get is well she's fine when you are not here. Thats good but I want her to be jolly with us. I can;t give you any answers but only offer my support

Jacky

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hi Marie, yes my Mum kept this up for ages too, sometimes it appeared to others that I was making mountains out of molehills I think. It is very exasperating and also worrying as you say. I feel for you. Love She. XX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Marie, take heart, this behaviour is quite commonplace. It is a subject that comes up time after time at a support group Lionel & I attend.
Our loved ones seem to have one face for the public and one for us.

I can remember after the doctor was so concerned about Lionel's shuffling and general lack of movement getting the physios to come and see him at home.

.'He danced for them, you would have thought he was auditioning'. They left saying that they could not do anything for him. Ah well, regards Connie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968