Canarys mum has been set free

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hello canary
such a sad and busy time for you - take comfort where you can

I have dad's 'boiler suite' that he wore to do odd jobs, which I now wear for gardening
my mum died 11 years ago, and I kept many of her scarves to brighten up outfits, and in particular a cardigan that she wore often - when I need a hug, it's there waiting - probably will today as it would be her 80th birthday; she's still part of me and my life

very best wishes

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ah, shedrech and jaymor, my eyes misted up as I read that - yes thats exactly right. Its a cardigan, a couple of tee-shirts and her scarves that I want to keep. "when I need a hug, it's there waiting" is almost word for word how I described it to OH.

Oh, this forum is so wonderful. There are always other people who understand and have been through it.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I've still got a scarf of my mothers, she died in 1981! Not so much as it was hers, but it was bright red and I liked the colour! It's a bit fragile now, though!

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
My father offered and gave away most of my mother's things without me knowing, before the funeral, and before I was ready to face opening her bedroom drawers. When I did, they were empty.I have her jewellery, but would have loved her collection of embroidered hankies.

The good thing is I have lovely memories of her, and a lot of her funny remarks are family folklore, and often repeated. Those memories are the most precious.

Last edited:

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
Hi Canary, I think you are right to keep some of your mum's clothes I have kept some of my Chris' things and his glasses are on the table next to his chair in the sitting room, I think whatever seemed right for you. Hugs nannylondon xx

Louby65

Mar 26, 2014
Scotland
Canary , I am so sorry for your loss . I have read many of your posts over the years and have admired your love and devotion for your mum . Please don't be upset about not being with your mum as she left . For a brief moment she took back control over this disease and decided herself to spare you anymore upset . I see it often in my job and I always say to families not to be upset when this happens , they were there when it mattered . Be proud of how well you looked after and cared for your mum . My sincerest condolences . Lou x