Can you help please? Question about private clinics

BelleLyn

Jun 8, 2020
Hi there

I'm new here, this is my first time on the site. This morning a close family member was referred to a Memory Clinic by the GP but as a family we're concerned about the waiting times and we're wondering how long the waiting list is to go private. Can anyone please give me guidance on what private clinics there are in the Newtownabbey / Belfast area? I have searched online but I'm not having much luck.

BelleLyn

Jun 8, 2020
Thank-you for your quick response. I'm just struggling to get a list of private clinics anywhere but I'll keep trying.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Please be careful if you go privately as many places expect all tests to be done privately too, and in this case it may well include an MRI

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Rather than search for private clinics you could ask the GP to make a private referral to an appropriate consultant.

Agree with @canary , it could turn out to be very expensive.

Rosettastone57

Oct 27, 2016
Beware of the costs involved here. A family member went private over a medical condition (not dementia) and every test, prescription, appointment, surgery had a separate bill. It soon mounted up as every follow up appointment had to be private as the NHS wouldn't cover it.