Can you help improve airport and airline experiences?

Discussion in 'Alzheimer's Society notices' started by HarrietD, Jun 19, 2019.

1. HarrietD

HarrietD Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2014
    London
    Our Programme Partnerships team is working with airports and airlines to improve the passenger experience for people living with and affected by dementia. They are writing a consultation response now, and they would love your contribution to help them understand the following questions:
    • Do you use airports and airlines, and if not why?
    • What are your challenges/problems when it comes to airports and travelling by air?
    • Are you aware of the special assistance available at airports and if so, what do you think of it?
    Thanks everyone :)

2. deepetshopboy

deepetshopboy Registered User

Jul 7, 2008
    Took my dad on holiday recently asked for lanyard in Luton going out was ok got special assistance ie lanyard and was able to go through security ok but big problem cming back through passport control ie finger tip barriers had to by pass the queue and say in front of everybody that my dad had dementia couldnt use the fingertip self service type barriers had to go to window and bring my pasport and dads it was stressful we got through ok but still stressful

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Who to contact can be a problem.
    Is it best to approach airlines (handling agents?) or airports about facilities for hidden disabilities
    Also think about arrival/departure at destination.

4. HarrietD

HarrietD Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2014
    London
    Thanks @deepetshopboy and @nitram for your replies so far. It's really helpful to get an insight into the challenges you've come up against.

5. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Further to my post, responsibility may change when moving between airside and landside.