Can You Help?? Fundraising idea!!

Steve Thompson

Oct 29, 2004
I have been lucky enough to secure a place in the London Marathon as a Golden Bond Runner for the Society.

I am running for my Mum, who has Alzheimers, and I really want to try and give something back to the organisation that support her and my step father so admirably. Life is extremely difficult for them both, and I know that without the work of the Society, it would be unbearable. I am running this Marathon, my first, to celebrate all the good memories I have of my Mum, always there for all of us, giving me and my three sisters all the love and support we needed. It is hard to see her now, she doesnt recognise me, but I 'm sure that somewhere, deep down, she has some memories of a great life.

I turned 50 last November and have resolved to run both the London and New York Marathons, and raise some much needed cash for the Society.

I wondered if anybody may be interested in renting our holiday home in Villamartin, Costa Blanca, Spain, for just £150 per week, which will go straight to the Society, via my web page at :-www.justgiving.com/stevethompson. I would normally charge between £350 and £500 a week, but hope that at this rate I can let at least raise some much needed money, helping my Fundraising. The only additional cost would be £30 to cover cleaning etc. If you would like to visit www.golfvillamartin.com[it should give you a feel for the area. The house has two twin bedrooms and two bed settees in the lounge.

I have to stress that there is no commercial gain for me, and that all monies go direct to the Society.

payment would be via my Web Page at www.justgiving.com/stevethompson

If you are interested (it is a great location for winter training!), please let me know.

Good luck to all The Stampeders, and hope to meet you sometime!

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Regards

Steve

Last edited: