Can things get any worse?

pippin_fort

Sep 8, 2010
Well I have not visited this site for a while. I don't know how much worse things can get. When I first visited talking point I would read threads about people going into homes homes and think thank goodness we are not there yet. How lucky we are are even though things seemed awful. We have now done three homes since May, my dad having been thrown out of all of them with a stint in hospital in between after a couple of mini strokes.With every move he has gone downhill. When we got to the third home in June I thought that maybe things would improve, but oh no. My dad has fronto temporal dementia which primarily affects communication and behaviour. We ticked the communication box a long time ago. He has not talked for two years now. The behaviour has altered slowly. He has a tendency to kiss people, which is not always warmly received by people who are also ill and he started to get punched and have falls. So guess what? Whilst I was trying to have a break in Greecein August, which I desperately needed to recover from all the moves and upset, they Sectioned him on the basis that he could not agree to go in voluntarily as he did not understand. Given that he has now been made to have another move he has deteriorated again and at the weekend he showed me a series of bruises. I of course then showed one of the nurses who recorded them. I thought they had Sectioned him to protect him. It seems to me that he is even more vulnerable there as he is surrounded by people who are extremely ill and often violent, which he is not as yet, eventhough he can be persistent with his desire to give people a kiss on the cheek. Is he going to become violent next as people are violent to him? I fell totally desperate and am hoping for him to have a massive stoke or heart attack which I know sound awful. He is not due for a review for another two weeks. Any advice or support would be warmly received. Just to up the stress a little my lovely son had braces fitted today and starts at secondary school tomorrow and my daughter is starting in the Juniors at school. I don't know how to give everyone the attention that they all desire.

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hi Pippin Fort

Sorry i can,t help with the problems about your dad,i am sure others will be along soon who have some insight to your problems with your dad.I wouldn,t worry about your son and his braces quite a few chidren have them now a days and in different colours etc so i don,t think he will get a hard time about his braces,hope all goes well for him and your daughter.Sending you a (((hug))) take care Marian x

Jo1958

Mar 31, 2010
Yorkshire
Pippin Fort, hi
Wow what a lot you have on your plate at the moment, I can only send you support and a bundle of hugs, take good care of yourself.
Sending you my kindest regards from Jo

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am sorry you have this to cope with.

How sad that someone who wants to kiss people gets rewarded with a punch or kick. But that is dementia and no one is to blame for how it affects them as individuals.

I hope it helps to share here. My thoughts are with your son and daughter starting a new stage in their lives. My grand daughter started Junior School today her brother a new class in Primary.

Take care Best wishes

helen forshaw

Oct 18, 2010
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
Big hugs ....I hope things get better soon.....

I am really sorry, Pippin Fort, that things have got so desparate for your dad... sometimes a fast release seems to be the only hope left when life deals such cruel blows......
It must be so painful to know that your dad is suffering and being moved from pillar to post....
Can you not ask for an earlier review to discuss the situation? Your local Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) may be able to help and support you with this.
It can't be right that he is suffering bruising when he is supposed to be in a safe place.
I am thinking about you. Please let us know what happens.
Meanwhile, I hope your children have a happy start in their new school/class.
Take care. Love Helen XXX

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
So sorry to hear of all your troubles. You really are having to deal with an awful lot at the moment. You know we are all here for you on T.P.
Just to get things off your chest seems to help such a lot. I know i have been .there and still do !
Love and hugs Muriel xxx:confused:

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan