Can SW prevent care home transfer- self funding

Jenni2777

Sep 20, 2020
I have never seen a care plan , I asked to see a care plan at a best interest meeting Friday they couldn’t answer me , seems they all hide behind data protection .

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
have never seen a care plan , I asked to see a care plan at a best interest meeting Friday they couldn’t answer me , seems they all hide behind data protection .
Request in writing that they give you a copy of the care plan. You would not believe the hurdles they tried to stop me from reading my wife's care plan, In the end, the following worked.

Either tell me I have no right to see the assessments on my wife, or send them to me now.

Also, ask for the minutes of the best interest meeting.

Jenni2777

Sep 20, 2020
Request in writing that they give you a copy of the care plan. You would not believe the hurdles they tried to stop me from reading my wife's care plan, In the end, the following worked.

Either tell me I have no right to see the assessments on my wife, or send them to me now.

Also, ask for the minutes of the best interest meeting.
Thankyou , I have applied for a freedom of information request

Jenni2777

Sep 20, 2020
so an update !
Dad had an assessment with the dr, they recommended that it would be best for him to go to wales , good for his mental health etc,. Both dr and family tried so hard to get dad to understand he has dementia and he needs to go into a care home but he’s adamant that he wants to stay at home . The dr said it’s up to SW to decide now .
He is now going into temporary care tomorrow, the SW will assess him next week then another best interests meeting , where the decision will be made . If the SW says no to wales then he can’t go

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I hope you get the home you want @Jenni2777. I assume he isn't going back to the one he walked out off as they obviously couldn't keep him safe. Let's hope the SW finally agrees with you.